As property tax advisers and property accountants, we are able to provide guidance and support to property developers, the construction industry, landlords and letting agents.
Development, investment, a home for your business, or 'buy to let'
The accounting and tax implications relating to property matters can all too often be overlooked. Without careful planning and specialist property advice financial returns may well fall short of expectations and transactions may not lead to the desired outcomes.
Based on our experience, we are able to provide guidance and support on the acquisition, sale and development of property, whether it forms part of an investment portfolio, is used solely to accommodate your business, or is a residential buy to let proposition.
Our specialist property advice and services include:
- Auditing companies that operate contract accounting methodologies
- Revenue recognition on construction contracts in accordance with FRS102
- VAT planning and advice, including the option to tax and registration
- VAT and the domestic reverse charge for construction
- Capital Gains implications and planning
- Financing transactions
- Stamp Duty Land Tax
- Ownership of property – principally business, private or pension
- Treatment of tax in relation to buy to let
- Treatment of tax in relation to renewables projects
- Capital Allowance reliefs, reviews and claims
- Estate planning and Inheritance Tax planning
- Overseas ownership of UK property
- As part of a complete service we have established close working relationships with other professionals including property surveyors, valuers and solicitors specialising in property matters.
Accountants and tax advisers for the construction industry
The construction industry is one of the most volatile sectors in the UK economy, and careful planning and advice are needed to maintain efficiency and competitiveness.
With years of experience in this sector, we pride ourselves on having an understanding of the specific problems faced by builders, building and civil engineering contractors, and civil engineering consultants, and in being able to recommend effective solutions.
We work with you to help you optimise your performance by providing advice on all areas of your business including:
- VAT planning and advice
- Project planning
- Cashflow planning
- Payroll services
- The Construction Industry Scheme
- IR 35
- Residential Lettings, Buy to Let and specialist tax advice for landlords and lettings agencies
Whether you are an existing landlord or are looking to enter the buy to let market we are well versed in the financial and taxation issues affecting residential lettings.
As specialist property tax advisers and accountants our advice for landlords includes:
- How to finance your investments tax efficiently, including advice on Stamp Duty Land Tax
- The most appropriate ownership entity - for example personal, partnership or limited liability company
- Advice on tax efficient joint ownership
- Advice on allowable and disallowable expenses
- Minimising Capital Gains Tax on a sale of property
- How to gift properties down a generation
- The tax treatment for inheritance tax purposes, especially for those with property portfolios
- The tax treatment of rental property owned by Non Resident Landlords
- Dealing with HMRC investigations
- VAT advice, including registration and treatment of VAT in relation specifically to property matters and transactions.
Our work with clients includes:
- Preparation of annual accounts
- Accounts/income certification for mortgage purposes
- Preparation of Self Assessment tax returns and company tax returns as required
- Specialist tax advice and planning
- Personal Financial Planning provided through Streets Financial Consulting plc, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
In addition to looking after the needs of Landlords, we also look after residential letting agents.
Our property specialists include Jennie Brown, Paul Brophy, Kelly Goodchild, Chris Hubbard, Luke Prout and Jonathan Day.
To discuss how we can help you, please use the contact form below.