Charities are one of our areas of expertise. We act for and look after the audit, accountancy and development needs of a diverse portfolio of charity, voluntary sector and not-for-profit clients.
Charities and not-for-profit organisations face similar challenges to profit-making businesses. To succeed they have to be run and managed as viable organisations satisfying the needs of all their stakeholders.
Our dedicated team has a thorough understanding of the sector, providing specialist advice on matters relating to the strategic development of organisations and challenges faced by the dynamic environment in which they operate.
Who we act for:
- Registered Charities
- Community Interest Companies (CIC)
- Social Enterprises
- Not for Profit Organisations
- Industrial and Provident Societies
- Academies, Multi Academy Trusts (MATs) and Free Schools
- Charitable Incorporated Organisations (CIO)
When you need something special or extra we are on hand to provide advice and assistance with:
- Internal audit
- Risk assessment
- VAT legislation and planning
- Tax planning
- All aspects of charity taxation
- Trading activities
- Funding bids
- Systems to monitor delivery of funding
- European Social Fund audits
- Corporate governance and trustees’ responsibilities
- Setting up a Community Interest Company
- Gift Aid
- Payroll and Auto-enrolment
- Accounting Software
- On a day to day basis we work with clients on:
- SORP accounts preparation
- Registered office and company secretarial
- Independent examination
- Annual Returns
- Bookkeeping and reporting systems
- Management Accounts and reports
- Useful articles
- Adding Value to your Charitable Donations
Thinking of Starting a Social Enterprise or Becoming a Community Interest Company?
To discuss your charity or social enterprise accounting or taxation needs please use the contact form below.