As specialist owner-managed business accountants and tax advisers, we look after the needs of family businesses and privately-owned businesses. With empathy for the needs of business owners and the challenges they face, we are able to provide proactive, commercial advice.
Since the firm’s inception in 1907 our core client base has been that of owner managed and family businesses. In many cases we can proudly say we have acted for these clients across the generations, over this period. Few firms today can probably boast that they have such longevity to the client engagement.
In part we attribute such success to the relationship, trust and understanding we build with our clients. It has and continues to be important to us that we ensure, as with family businesses, succession and transition from one generation to the next is well planned and orchestrated.
As a private partnership we could be likened to a family business, facing the same challenges of succession, balancing the need of ‘family’ members, day to day management, retaining our core values and the need to ensure our relevance in the market place and with our wider stakeholders.
Our breadth of family business experience covers a broad spectrum of sectors and activities including independent high-end retail, garden centres, manufacturing, hospitality and leisure, agriculture and construction and property. Whilst much of our work understandably is focused on the successful sustainability of the business from one generation to the next, we have also been instrumental in supporting the growth aspirations and successful sale of a number of key family businesses.
In particular, we find our clients benefit from our work with our services to family businesses and owner managed businesses, which includes:
- Advice on business structure to suit whether individuals are directly or indirectly involved in the business
- Advice on remuneration and retention of key employees
- Advice on profit extraction and remuneration planning
- Advice on personal and business tax planning
- Advice on growth strategies
- Advice on business improvement, financial forecasting and profit improvement
- Personal financial planning advice through Streets Financial Consulting plc on aspects of income protection, pensions and investments
- Exit and succession planning, including within a family business’ ownership from one to generation to the next
- The provision of events and seminars hosted through our family business forum and engagement in the Midlands Family Business Awards
To find out how we can help you and your business please use the contact form below.