Company confirmation statement changes

Posted on 14th March 2024 by Streets Corporate Governance & Regulation

Image to represent Company confirmation statement changes

As well as filing accounts with Companies House, there is an important requirement to check that the information Companies House has about your company is correct every year. This is facilitated by the filing of an annual company confirmation statement. Companies House can prosecute a company and its officers for failing to file a confirmation statement and the company can be struck off. 

Companies House guidance on the confirmation statement entitled Filing your company's confirmation statement has been updated with new measures introduced under the Economic Crime and Corporate Transparency Act.

A confirmation statement must usually be filed at Companies House once every 12 months and rather than resubmitting data every year the confirmation statement only needs to be updated if you have changes to report. If there are no changes then you just need to confirm the information is correct and submit the statement. The due date is usually a year after either the date your company incorporated or the date you filed your last annual fee was paid. You can file your confirmation statement up to 14 days after the due date. Any necessary updates such as to the statement of capital, shareholder information and SIC codes can be made when submitting the confirmation statement.

There are now 2 separate forms for completing a confirmation statement. The Confirmation Statement CS01 should be used if your confirmation date is 4 March 2024 or earlier, to confirm that the company's details are up to date. Confirmation Statement form CS01 (new version) should be used if your confirmation date is 5 March 2024 or later, to confirm that the company's details are up to date. Existing companies will need to give a registered email address when they file their next confirmation statement with a statement date from 5 March 2024. 

It currently costs £13 to file your confirmation statement online and £40 if you send Companies House a paper form. These fees are set to increase to £34 and £62 respectively from 1 May 2024.

No Advice

The content produced and presented by Streets is for general guidance and informational purposes only. It should not be construed as legal, tax, investment, financial or other advice. Furthermore, it should not be considered a recommendation or an offer to sell, or a solicitation of any offer to buy any securities or other form of financial asset. The information provided by Streets is of a general nature and is not specific for any individual or entity. Appropriate and tailored advice or independent research should be obtained before making any such decisions. Streets does not accept any liability for any loss or damage which is incurred from you acting or not acting as a result of obtaining Streets' visual or audible content.


The content used by Streets has been obtained from or is based on sources that we believe to be accurate and reliable. Although reasonable care has been taken in gathering the necessary information, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information we publish and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions in material. You should always seek specific advice prior to making any investment, legal or tax decisions.

Expert insight and news straight
to your inbox

Related Articles

Ordering documents from Companies House

Companies House offers interested parties the ability to order certified copies of certificates and documents held on the Companies House register. You can order: a company certificate with certified facts; or a certified copy of a document held

Restarting a dormant company

HMRC must be informed when a non-trading or dormant company restarts trading and becomes active for Corporation Tax purposes. Companies can use HMRC Online Services to supply the relevant information. When a company has previously traded and then

Do not respond if you receive this letter

Companies House published guidance titled ‘Reporting scams pretending to be from Companies House’ has been updated. The list is intended to help people check if contacts purporting to be from Companies House are actually a scam. The guidance

You might also be interested in...