Sometimes there are regular bank transactions on your statements that you can let bank rules take care of for you, for example, Bank Charges or a regular HP repayment.
The easiest way to set these up is from within the bank reconciliation screen:
1. Click Create rule on the statement line you want to create a bank rule for:
2. In the Create Rule screen enter the conditions to build the rule.
For more details please follow the help guide:
Bank Rules – how they work
- With bank rules you define the conditions for each rule to match with your imported statement lines
- After you import a bank statement and go to reconcile your account, your rules automatically run
- For each bank statement line that matches a rule, Xero suggests a transaction using the conditions you've set
- If the transaction that Xero suggests based on the rule is not quite right, you can edit it, create a new one, or find a transaction you've already entered into Xero to match with your statement line