A free presentation for employers and those responsible for Payroll and HR.
Whether you have just one employee or a large workforce, you do payroll in house or use a payroll bureau, our annual update aims to keep you informed of the issues, regulations and changes affecting payroll management and compliance.
The focus for our update will be around updating you and keeping you informed of the recent legislation affecting your payroll, along with the tax treatment and other compliance affecting both employers and employees.
With the last few updates focusing on the introduction of key changes such as RTI, Auto Enrolment and last year GDPR, this event will take a look at addressing the increasing challenges around the work force skills gap and productivity.
Improving your organisations productivity
Anita Wynne, Director and Founder of Beststart Human Resources
Anita will talk about how you can improve your organisation’s productivity by ensuring individual effort on a daily basis aligns and converts into revenue and strong profit growth for the business. She will cover how you can take back control of your company by re-establishing expectations, setting clear goals and frameworks and keeping this on track with simple and consistent performance measurement that doesn’t involve an annual appraisal. Anita will also talk about how you can improve employee engagement so that your people truly care about the organisation and being part of something that is more than just a ‘pay cheque’.
Payroll – a topical update and refresher
Theresa Waddingham, Senior Payroll Manager, Streets Chartered Accountants
Theresa’s presentation will focus on providing delegates with details of the forthcoming changes affecting payroll, along with some useful hints and tips to make life easier and to keep those charged with payroll on the right track. Her presentation will include the following:
- Changes in legislation impacting payroll from April 2019
- Payroll and personal tax accounts
- Common misconceptions
- Introduction to Streets Payroll Bureau – our service offer
- The benefits of outsourcing payroll
Helping to make employing people less taxing...
Luke Prout, Tax Partner, Streets Chartered Accountants
Luke will take a practical look at aspects of taxation affecting employers and their employees, his presentation will include:
- Off-payroll working rules – Overview of the rules for the taxing of off-payroll workers from April 2020 extended to the private sector and what businesses need to do to prepare for the change
- General employment tax update – A summary of the changes over the last 12 months plus a refresher of some areas
- Compliance visit – How to prepare for a compliance visit from HMRC to ensure a business is ready for such a visit
10am Presentations including mid morning break
12:30pm Buffet Lunch
Make a booking
If you and/or a colleague or acquaintance would like to attend then please fill out the booking form below