Whether you have just one employee or a large workforce, you do payroll in house or use a payroll bureau, have an HR team or not, our annual update aims to keep you informed of the issues, regulations and changes affecting payroll management, HR and compliance.
We will also look at the broader HR matters that may concern employers now and in the year ahead, along with the potential impact of changes to and the introduction of new employment legislation.
Payroll - a topical update and refresher
Theresa Waddingham, Associate Partner, Streets Chartered Accountants
Theresa’s presentation will focus on the forthcoming changes affecting payroll as we start a new tax year, along with some useful hints and tips to make your life easier to ensure that those charged with payroll are on the right track. Her presentation will include the following:
- The Employment Rights (Amendment, Revocation and Transitional Provision) Regulations 2023 (Holiday pay)
- Employment Relations (Flexible Working) Act 2023
- The Carer’s Leave Act 2023
- Childcare changes
- Statutory Paternity pay changes
- NMW and NLW changes and rates
- Changes to NIC
- Student loans and starter checklists
- Salary sacrifice and pensions
- The benefits of outsourcing payroll
On the minds of employers and those charged with HR
Anita Wynne, CEO and HR Advisor, Beststart Human Resources
Anita’s presentation will cover a number of highly topical issues facing employers and in house HR managers and professionals including:
- Current trends in hybrid working
- Wellbeing in the workplace
- Salary and pay award trends
- The dynamics and impact of an inter-generational workforce
In addition, Anita will consider legislation which will come in to force this year and a number of government and private members bills going through parliament which will, if they become statute, impact a number of areas of HR. She will also provide an ‘HR legal look ahead’ for employers focusing on the potential forthcoming changes to HR approaches, policies and procedures.
This presentation will be recorded and available on demand for those not able to join us live. Simply register to receive a link to watch on demand.