A special seminar for Academy Business Managers and financial staff aimed at helping to improve the quality and efficiency of financial reporting, relieving the pressure on academy finance teams and supporting schools through helping them meet reporting requirements.
Led by Alan Endersby and Elizabeth Cracknell, Streets Chartered Accountants Academy team, the session will provide practical, hands on ideas based on our experience of financial reporting and the needs of Academies.
The session is ideally suited to:
- The new Business Manager who has little experience about academy reporting requirements and has very limited, perhaps unplanned admin resources within the finance team following the decision to convert to an academy, concerned at where to start in the new role.
- The ‘Model Academy’ who has a good finance team, sound controls and formal month end procedures ensuring the smooth running of the day-to-day operations, regular reliable reporting to headteachers and governors, compliance with all reporting requirements with only a little extra effort at key times in the year ....but that just wants to ensure they are being the best they can.
The programme for the seminar will focus on the financial reporting requirements throughout the financial year, concluding with the preparartion of the annual accounts and external audit and will include:
- Teachers pension scheme work
- Budget forecast preparation
- Month end procedures and Accruals Basis
Our overall aim is that, if academies can prepare a good quality file, the year end audit process should be more straightforward, resulting in less time and stress for everyone involved.
This seminar is open to all Academies and Multi Academy Trusts (MATs), whether or not they are clients of Streets Chartered Accountants.
9am - Registration
9:30am - Presentations including mid morning break
12:30pm - Buffet Lunch
Make a booking
If you and/or a colleague or acquaintance would like to attend then please fill out the booking form below or contact Laura Butler firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0845 880 0320.