With the introduction of the VAT domestic reverse charge for buildings and construction services coming into effect from 1st October this year, this presentation serves as a great opportunity for those in the sector to learn more about its impact. Attendees will also benefit from a timely update on other changes as well as a refresher on VAT and other tax related matters affecting the industry.
This event will be led by Indirect Tax & VAT Specialist, Gerry Myton. Gerry’s presentation will cover taxation matters relating to:
- Mixed use developments
- Conversions – commercial to residential, change in number of dwellings
- The introduction of the Domestic reverse charge and its potential impact
The second presentation will be given by Alastair Kendrick, Employment Tax & CIS Specialist. His presentation will focus on the tax issues and treatment relating to employment within the sector, including:
- the construction industry scheme rules and areas of current interest to HM Revenue and Customs
- using workers who are off the payroll and the tax issues surrounding this
- travelling expenses for site based workers
- when is a van a van for Benefit in Kind (BIK) purposes
7:45am Registration & Breakfast sandwiches
Please use the form below to book your free place
Make a booking
If you and/or a colleague or acquaintance would like to attend then please fill out the booking form below or contact Hannah Brown firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01522 551200.