For companies with either a large staff, or just one employee, you need to be aware of the issues, regulations and changes affecting payroll management and compliance, whether you do payroll in house or use a payroll bureau.
For this event, we will be hosting a series of presenters, including in house payroll specialists, as well as representatives from Irwin Mitchell Solicitors and Beststart Human Resources - both of whom offer services to our clients through Streets HR.
We are also delighted to announce we will be joined by Star Payroll, specialist payroll software providers.
This year’s annual update will focus on the important upcoming changes to Payroll and HR following the introduction of the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on May 25th, 2018.
The new GDPR rules will affect the way that employers collect, hold and process employee data.
Irwin Mitchell Solicitors and Beststart Human Resources will be looking at the legal requirements, how this can be implemented effectively within a small business and what the consequences of non-compliance may be.
Points discussed will include;
- The definition of employee personal data
- What are privacy notices?
- How do the changes impact existing Data Protection Policies?
- What other procedures might an employer need?
- How does this change the way you store existing and old employee records?
- Without the use of consent, what other legal basis can employers use to collect and process employee data?
- Can employers continue to share employee details with other organisations e.g. their payroll company, accountant or pension provider?
STAR – Payroll Professional
Star’s new payroll portal ‘myePayWindow’ will be launched at the start of 2018 and will allow Streets Payroll Bureau to receive information securely from their clients and will integrate Star’s existing ePayslip data.
It will also allow Auto Enrolment letters and pay run reports to be delivered to the secure portal directly from Star Payroll Professional, which ensures GDPR compliance.
While Payroll itself will not be changing with the new compliance regulations, you will still need to consider changes you will need to make to comply with GDPR.
We will be covering not just the usual increases that Government bestow upon us each year, but simple things that can make working within payroll a much smoother ride.
9:30am - Registration
10:00am - Presentations (including a mid-morning break)
12:30pm - Buffet Lunch