Tax Partner MA, FCA, TEP
Andrew Park leads Streets’ specialist tax enquiries and tax disclosures team in London.
Prior to joining Streets, Andrew amassed over 20 years of dedicated experience within a “big firm” environment in London where he resolved complex multi-jurisdiction and multi-tax enquiries with HMRC, advised a subscription network of accountants and lawyers on tax enquiry matters, wrote in the professional press and lectured on HMRC enquiry matters to professional audiences in the UK and overseas.
Andrew acts for all types of taxpayer with unresolved UK tax issues with HMRC including UK domiciled or non-UK domiciled individuals, companies, executors and trustees – whether based in the UK or overseas. This includes representing taxpayers in:
- civil enquiries of suspected serious tax fraud conducted by HMRC Fraud Investigation Service (“HMRC FIS”) under HMRC Code of Practice 9 (“COP 9”) / the Contractual Disclosure Facility (“CDF”);
- complex technical enquiries conducted by HMRC under HMRC Code of Practice 8 (“COP 8”);
- voluntary pre-emptive disclosures to HMRC of omissions or areas requiring clarification through the Digital Disclosure Service – including the Worldwide Disclosure Facility (“WDF”);
- clarifying the UK tax position with HMRC further to non-tax related litigation arising from family and commercial disputes;
- Instruction of Tax Counsel, bringing appeals to the Tax Tribunal, appeal management and case support.
Andrew’s work frequently involves working and co-ordinating closely with other professional advisors such as the existing accountants, solicitors and barristers, professional trustees, family office advisors and wealth managers.