We have a long standing specialism in education
We look after the accounting and business advisory needs of those in the education sector, whether they are a stand alone Academy, Multi Academy Trust, Free School, Independent School, University Technical College (UTC), College or University College.
We offer a partner led approach which is delivered from a local office. This ensures, bursars, heads of finance and business and finance managers get easy access to the expertise they need. Our education team covers the firm’s offices in Bedford (Wyboston Lakes), Cambridge, Grantham & Newark, Hull, London, Lincoln, Peterborough, Sheffield, and Stevenage. As specialist accountants for education our team looks after Academies and Multi Academy Trusts in Lincolnshire, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire and South and East Yorkshire.
Accountants for Academies and Multi Academy Trusts
We undertake accountancy and audit for more than 70 Academies including stand alone Academies (SATS), Multi Academy Trusts (MATs) and Federated Academies. We are well versed in the financial management and reporting requirements of primary, secondary and special schools.
As specialist accountants for academies we undertake the following work for our stand alone and multi academy trust clients:
- Preparation of the Statutory Accounts
- Statutory Audit
- Audit of Regularity & Propriety Statement
- Completion and certification of the Accounts Return (AAR)
- Audit of the Teacher’s Pension Scheme , End of Year Certificate (EYOC), Returns
- Attendance at Audit Committee and Trustees meetings
Advisory work and support
We offer a ‘hand holding’ approach whereby we support you and your Academy team:
- Advice on becoming and developing a Multi Academy Trust
- Internal Audit/ assurance testing
- Technical update, seminars and an annual update for Academies
- Payroll and Human Recourses (HR) advice.
- Advice on and support with accounting software
- Specialist Tax advice including VAT – Academy VAT Refunds and Academy VAT Reclaims
- Forensic and ESFA investigations
Our access to a network of providers and other professionals includes:
- Grant finders
- Insurance brokers
We offer a free consultation to all Academies that are either looking at becoming or expanding a Multi Academy Trust, along with those setting up a Free School or looking to re-tender their audit.
We are also pleased to offer a free consultation and to tender for other educational settings including independent schools and Colleges.
For further information and advice please fill out the contact form below.